Charlie's Song Birds

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Yiasou Kosta -test

JimG

my first youngsters   hahahh

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i8.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/eagle_iiz/BIRDS/3monthmule01.flv">

October 3, 2008 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

charlies-song-birds
Site Owner

Hello Jim, didnt even notice the video! haha beautiful mules you bred cant wait to hear them in full song.

October 7, 2008 at 10:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JimG

Thanks Charlie I appreciate it....nothing special for you experts but what an experience for me as they are my first mules.   So far so good and hoping next spring will get better.       

October 9, 2008 at 5:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

hi charlie , i have a canary with very long nails ,what do you think i should do ?

November 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

charlies-song-birds
Site Owner

BIG,R at 12:22AM on Nov 04, 2008

hi charlie , i have a canary with very long nails ,what do you think i should do ?

Rick I think you should hold it up to the light and bite them off like you bite your nails..hahaha just teasing =)

cut them  before the vein starts , do not hit the vein or it will bleed,but eventually heal.

November 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

charlies-song-birds
Site Owner

JimG at 09:15AM on Oct 09, 2008

Thanks Charlie I appreciate it....nothing special for you experts but what an experience for me as they are my first mules.   So far so good and hoping next spring will get better.       

Jim  , I am no expert, just have a passion for breeding mules, when you love something you learn it and accomplish it!

November 6, 2008 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

HI CHARLIE, im just trying to get the forum going but great info thanks,if you do cut the quick you can stop the bleeding with some flour.

November 6, 2008 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

HI JIM, nice video .i enjoyed it

November 6, 2008 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JimG

BIG,R at 02:17AM on Nov 07, 2008

HI CHARLIE, im just trying to get the forum going but great info thanks,if you do cut the quick you can stop the bleeding with some flour.

Hi Rick - when Charlie started many moons ago he used a dremel w/ 50 grit sand disk and made sure it went 1/4 inch past bloodline. This is why he knows how to manage the bleeding. hahah ----------------- NOTE: please don't try this at home. Use fingernail clippers. ;)
November 7, 2008 at 4:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JimG

BIG,R at 02:18AM on Nov 07, 2008

HI JIM, nice video .i enjoyed it

Thanks Rick, it was just a quick video to test the forum bud.. Hope all is going well with you and your birds in Conn.
November 7, 2008 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JimG

charlies-song-birds at 12:17AM on Nov 07, 2008

JimG at 09:15AM on Oct 09, 2008

Jim  , I am no expert, just have a passion for breeding mules, when you love something you learn it and accomplish it!

Charlie, with all do respect; you are an expert don't deny your credentials....well in my eyes you are..  ;) 

I couldn't agree with you more about the love & passion!   

November 7, 2008 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

yes what jim said .LOL

November 9, 2008 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

hi charlie, i really liked your nfss article .im hooked

November 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

charlies-song-birds
Site Owner

Thanks Rick, hopefully I will breed a bunch of Citrils next season to fix you up with a pair.

November 13, 2008 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

sounds like a plan there bud

November 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

hi charlie, looks like my greenie and canary are bonding seen them feeding each other .a good sign.cant wait till spring

November 25, 2008 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

charlies-song-birds
Site Owner

Now when you have time in the bird room, pull the divider and let them run together. Once you leave the bird room split them up again in case the male Greenie gets rough with her again.

November 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

cool charlie im on it ,thanks bud. spring,spring ,spring ,LOL

November 27, 2008 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JimG

what type of birds are you breeding this spring Rick?   I have a few pairs of goldfinches, pair of linnets, goldie x canary, yellow rumped serin pair.   Wish you well this spring.   

November 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BIG,R

HI JIM,nice list of birds there bud , i wish you well this spring as well .from what i have seen from some of your photos i know you will do great this spring.i have euro-goldfinch,greenfinch and siskin plus waterslager canaries.i will give muleing a try for the first time with some help from charlie he is the one that got me to realy enjoy mules more then ever.so i will have 2 or 3 paired up for muleing .              RICK FROM,CT

November 27, 2008 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.